God’s Plan for Growing Up
Mother-Daughter Program for 10 to 12 year-old girls
Sunday, November 17, 2013
2:30 PM - 5 PM
St. Vincent Hall
721 North LaSalle
To download a flyer, click here.
In Chicago, the Marriage and Family Ministries Office sponsors the Mother-Daughter Program as an outreach of Natural Family Planning ministry. The program explores God’s special gift of human fertility and the beauty and wonder of growing up and becoming a woman.
This program provides an atmosphere of love and learning in which to discuss the important topic of growing up, and to establish a foundation for continued communication between parent and child. The presentations emphasize respect, understanding, and appreciation for God’s gifts. It is offered in a variety of sites around Chicago. Afternoon Tea is served at the event.
- Physical and emotional changes in a young woman’s body in preparation for motherhood
- Onset of ovulation and subsequent menstrual periods
- Functions of the female reproductive system
- The sacredness of human life
- The virtue of chastity
- A confidential question and answer segment.
While it is designed for girls ages nine through twelve, girls younger than nine who are already developing and showing signs of puberty are also welcome to attend.