God’s Plan for Growing Up
Mother-Daughter Program for 10 to 12 year-old girls
Date: TBD - Spring of 2015
The Mother-Daughter Program, an outreach of Natural Family Planning ministry, explores God’s special gift of human fertility and the beauty and wonder of growing up and becoming a woman.
This program provides an atmosphere of love and learning in which to discuss the important topic of growing up, and to establish a foundation for continued communication between parent and child. The presentations emphasize respect, understanding, and appreciation for God’s gifts. It is offered in a variety of sites around Chicago. An Afternoon Tea is served at the event.
- Physical and emotional changes in a young woman’s body in preparation for motherhood
- Onset of ovulation and subsequent menstrual periods
- Functions of the female reproductive system
- The sacredness of human life
- The virtue of chastity
- A confidential question and answer segment.
While it is designed for girls from 9 to 12, girls younger than 9 who are already developing and showing signs of puberty are also welcome to attend.